How do you remove the hairspring from the balance cock on NH36 movement?

How do you remove the hairspring from the balance cock on the NH36 movement? Do you need a special tool disconnect that two parts that is connected to the index and regulator? (circled in red). I could not find a video on youtube that show how to disassemble and assemble this particular hairspring. Any help would be appreciated.

Hairspring.PNG

Edited by jolax

Is the hairspring laser welded to the stud?   modern balance completes mostly are, in which case just punch the stud out of the hole.

Generally vintage watches just glued the H/S to the stud, some pinned.

That I am not sure, since I am still a new to watch repair. I am just trying to play around with the part to gain experience handling tiny watch movement part. I am thinking of replacing the balance wheel but unfortunately there is none that comes as a full assembly with the balance cock unless I buy the whole NH36 movement and remove just the whole balance cock assembly. 

9 hours ago, jolax said:

How do you remove the hairspring from the balance cock on the NH36 movement?

Check topic below - it's always useful to do searches here.

The most difficult part for a beginner dealing with an Etachron stud is reattaching it, that is also discussed in more than one topic. Attached service manual which has illustrated specific instructions.

Seiko 7S36C - Technical Guide.pdf

• Like 1