Need help on PUW 1561 calendar works assembly

Lc130

Hi All

I'm a beginner trying to get the calendar works to function on this PUW 1561 (pics taken before cleaning).  The date advances when the crown is pushed.    I've lined up the highlighted parts as best I can but it's not working.  It's very fiddly to get the pin on the  "driving wheel for date indicator" part 2556 to stay to the right of "date corrector spring" part 2611 as is shown on the diagram.   There's a cutout on the retaining ring that I suspect is there to make the job of getting this right easier.  However, I'm not seeing what needs to be done within the cutout.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Charlie

Helpless in Maryland. 

IMG_6090_LI.thumb.jpg.7c9cd666817593fa4a9e7753bb863aff.jpg

dia.jpg.a5aa1950b1e4b9bad5ca40f5ece3a6a3.jpg

• Like 1

HI there it looks like the date jumper spring is jacked up and not pushing against the jumper to lock the date ring in .you need to take that cover plate of and have a look. Make sure you place some rodico or a plastic bag over the spring or it will fly into eternity .Hope this helps 

Edited by Graziano

With the date wheel, date jumper (2576), date jumper spring (2575), 2611 out of the way install 2539 and 2566 as shown in your diagram. Then using a piece of peg wood to keep 2566 in place hold the pivot end of 2611 in your tweezers and feed the free end in under 2566 so that the end of 2611 is positioned correctly relative to the pin on the under side of 2566; keep the pivot end of 2611 to the right (as per your drawing) of its pivot post whilst you do this so that it isn't tensioned. Then carefully push the pivot of 2611 across and onto is pivot post whilst still keeping 2566 in position with the peg wood. Once in position it should all stay put unless you jolt it, whilst you drop the date ring into place. Then install the date jumper, followed by its spring. To install the spring drop it over its post so that the short leg is in position and the long leg sits on top of the jumper, hold it in place with peg wood sitting on top of the post and the short leg, and then use tweezers to position the long leg behind the jumper. You can then install the keeper plate.

It sounds more complex than it is but I've just done it twice as described with no issues.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I'm so glad I found this post. I've recently finished a PUW 1561 and the calendar works installation description was spot on, helped a great deal. Also managed to identify a missing part 2539 which for reasons only known to history was absent. 

Thanks ever so much.