Identifying a mystery part

Rafael

Hi,

Maybe you could help me identify this part. I think it fell out of a vintage Omega Geneva case (maybe the back case) but I'm not sure as it seems to not have any purpose there + didn't notice it before but maybe it was jammed inside. 

Thanks in advance,

Rafael

20210122_102449.jpg

2 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

we really need the back of the watch case but it looks like a ring used to hold movements in.

Thanks John. Here's a picture of the case back.

If a back case ring is a thing so it makes sense and it fit. It appeared of my work bench when I dropped the case back. Didn't notice it before, strange.

20210122_124023.jpg

Edited by Rafael

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Yep, i pulled that up as well when i was looking,  there is definitely parts out there if you are prepared to go out and find them.  I watched that video years ago, I'm not so sure about probing the coil like that. If you are going to touch the coil use the side of the probe or at least shape a nice round end to it.
    • Hi and welcome to the forum.   As you are already familiar with watches the attachment you may find useful Witschi Training Course.pdf
    • I saw this listing from Australia this morning on Ebay, it might be your only option, good luck.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/145735044565?itmmeta=01HWCRFPEYDDTCXYCRX7ESQH3K&hash=item21ee7c4dd5:g:f2oAAOSwaMhmI5tq&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4PzZAWzJj0HOwVM7Xl6qUqGIYly3BvZhzNybkxWf8GJYkKwVh0SpeZ0XYBmoZyjaboPOlJYzdY9svwhQXfR7V%2BiMApTEYFLvJcs8FxTzy1VFCBLR8ADc7V89%2B%2FYvQKdks2KDNNEqAFZN0Hni9zQG078wKL34x0eRK%2Fu843fYdH%2FVIAiOZ5%2BbOmySNdu%2Bv4cSemywC%2FWfaiI%2Fj5D3YWk2PaySdPfu7lUaMadcyhmHZM6l6NllJd1eK%2BdblkJD98pTzVuxRDne5AQaCYawls%2FaoQK9B7epV%2B87TIbD9Ulr4qdC|tkp%3ABk9SR-rnvpjjYw
    • Hi. In the picture not only does it depict that the wheel is bent but also the plate or is that due to th angle of the picture.  Already received very good advise so I will butt out.
    • welcome, sounds like you are on your way so far, you also might be able to help with gold/plated case repair for some .....