Watch Winder.

Having several automatic watches which do not get used enough to keep them wound up,  I decided to look into watch winders,  this is the best I've seen  

He does not have any for sale at the moment,  he built this one for his own use.  With a bit of thought it should be possible to make our own.  Be amazed.

RogerC

• Like 1

I only  currently have one automatic - the Sekonda 5 I recently snapped up on the Bay - so a winder isn't a necessity for me. I'm having the Sekinda cleaned and serviced tomorrow (it's sticking), and then it's going to be up for auction.

How long does the average auto run on a full wind? And how much winding does it take to get there?

Edited by WillFly

Hi Will,

I believe the average auto has around 40 hours reserve when fully wound,  I would think that a days use with normal activity should fully wind an auto up.  Since I retired I don't move around enough to keep an auto wound up,  which is why I am looking into a watch winder.  I have seen them for sale at over £1,000 !!!  which is why I am thinking of making my own.

RogerC