Barrel bridge question

Drifter26

Hi,

I'm in the middle of servicing a Banner manual-wind watch with an AS 984 movement.  I think I've encountered a problem that may be causing the watch to start and stop intermittently.  The hole in the barrel bridge where the barrel arbor sits appears to not be perfectly round.  I'm assuming it should be.  My guess is that the hole wore down over the years.  Anyway, this appears to allow a little play with the barrel.  My question is if this is a repairable problem without sourcing a new barrel bridge.  I doubt I'll be able to find a direct replacement, and the original has nice Banner branding on it that I would love to keep.  Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Hi - thank you for your answers.  I'm new to the hobby, so my diagnosis is my best guess.  However, I noticed that the barrel has a fair amount of wobble to it.  When I wind the watch, it tends to not starting running on it's own.  If I give the train wheels a nudge, the watch starts right up.  If I lightly press down on the outside edge (closest to the center wheel) of the ratchet wheel, the barrel tilts slightly .  I'm assuming that the hole in the barrel bridge has worn over time, and it's allowing the barrel to get too close to the center wheel.  I would love to attempt to make an new bushing, but I really don't have the skill set at this point.  I measured the thickness of the barrel bridge at .5 mm.  Is that too thin to install a new bushing or install a jewel if I learn how to?  Thanks again!