Best Movement Holders

jdrichard

Folks,

Someone on a thread said the best movement holder is the Meyer’s Movement Holder #58, will hold all watches regardless of size shape or form. And the next one to get was the C E Marshall universal movement holder.

So I went in a hunt and by golly, I landed them both on eBay and they are both great. The first one is extremely inventive, as is the second. Any comments?

FB2D2A00-DC14-4959-A6D6-FF450B04B79B.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tudor said:

They certainly put a lot of thought into these things back in the day, didn't they?

The first one is too cool. There is a small button on the moving unit side that releases it from the threads to open or close it quickly and then tighten it up. Should hold the Rolex I have been talking about when I work on it on Friday. 

4 hours ago, jdrichard said:

The first one is too cool. There is a small button on the moving unit side that releases it from the threads to open or close it quickly and then tighten it up. Should hold the Rolex I have been talking about when I work on it on Friday. 

Hi there Mr jdrichard, glad you have these holders. You can also apply pressure on stubborn screws and the Myers won't let the movement flip of the holder and the whole show end on your bench. Also keep well lubricated both holders. 

Edited by Graziano
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Graziano said:

Hi there Mr jdrichard, glad you have these holders. You can also apply pressure on stubborn screws and the Myers won't let the movement flip of the holder and the whole show end on your bench. Also keep well lubricated both holders. 

The is a real frustration. It must have been you who showed this holder a few weeks ago, thanks

• Thanks 1

For those making their own tools, those nuts with the "quick release" are a somewhat standard item at industrial supply places. McMaster is my go-to but MSC and others should also have them.

Bridgeport Knee Mills use them (but larger) on the depth stop, so it doesn't take 20 minutes to set the depth...

• Like 1