Bergeon Winder Sizes

I have made enquiries with Cousins who contacted Bergeon re-size of the Bergeon winders. The 7750 has an interenal barrel dia. of 12.50mm but Bergeon do not carry this size . They supply either 12 mm or 13mm & I suppose I would have to use the 12mm one if I want to use Bergeon. Ofri in the USA supply Bergeon copies for exact calibers but are $85 + postage and possibly import duties. I have just purchased a new mainspring spring for the 7750 but am intrigued to know if the 12mm would work.

Clockboy,

Here is Mark's post from another thread regarding 7750.

I have purchased cheap mainspring winders in the past and they have been terrible. In the end I plumped for the 5356 Set. It serves both left hand and right hand mainsprings. But I find mostly that I use sizes 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9

Most swiss movements use the clockwise wound handle and cranks and I find the anti-clockwise handle and cranks useful for Japanese (like Seiko).

There is a special ETA set, but I find #8 is OK for the 7750 and using size #7 with #6 crank (carefully) works well for 2892-A2 and 2824

The rest in the set I rarely use.

I bought the 12mm about a year ago to do a 7750 as my set only goes up to no 7 and it works fine. mmmm! must finish that one day :wacko: Actually I just looked and my set has no number 4 just 0,1,2,3,5,6,7 and now 8 !

post-89-0-18022400-1426205331_thumb.jpg

Anything bigger or left handed I do the old fashioned way I just give my hands a good scrub first.

• Like 1