Fast And 90 Degree Of Balance Swing...help

so, after taking a couple watches apart, cleaning and reassemble I have one that is stubborn.  Everything went well, it started right up after I reassembled it, but the balance wheel only swings about 45 degrees before it goes back.  The mainspring looked good and it contines to move on its own.  but over eight hours it managed to add about 1.5 hours.  I removed the jewels and cleaned, examined the shaft. What do I need to look at next. Even now it only swings a total of 90 degrees between each stop.

I would have started with checking the balance spring. If it touch the top of the balance cock "bridge" you probably have a bent spring or the spring lays not flat on the balance axel.

Morten

Have you checked to see if the spring coils are touching or are stuck due to residue from cleaning if so try dipping the balance in one dip or a substitute such as lighter fuel..

Best wishes

Darren

If it's gained five minutes in eight hours, there are still some real issues to resolve. Weak mainspring, are the pivots running free, contamination of the hairspring, to name a few.

Remove the balance assembly, let all the power off the mainspring and remove the ratchet wheel. Now take your air puffer and gently blow against the periphery of the escape wheel, it should drive the complete movement either way. If it doesn't then there is something restricting free movement of the train and will have to be investigated further.