First mod not going well

I absolutely love having dedicated movement holders. They are expensive at first, but they are just some much better in every way.

My Rolex holders I found on eBay for less than $20 each. Solid aluminum and precisely machined to hold the movement. Clearance for the stem (dial up or down). Center post to support the center pivot to avoid damage when setting hands.

I do have the Burgeon generic one that everyone has, but I use it very little.

Guys I think I was able to dislodge the keyless works. Now I need a new stem, which is on the mail as we speak. But for now, I need to put that spring into place again. I don't know where it came from. It was under that bridge on the side. Any ideas where it goes?

IMG_1357.jpeg

Ok, I just saw what happened. Since I was filming, hoping to share my first modding experience, my problem was that I removed the crown in the wrong position, so I jammed the keyless works. Since the watch still had power, and the seconds hand was running (I didn't see it because the hands were out already), the moment I put the seconds hand in, it jammed against the minute hand, and it jumped out breaking the pinion. You can actually see the hand jumping out and flying in slow motion. I actually saw the piece of the pinion in my desk, and was wondering what was it. That's why I couldn't fit the seconds hand anymore.

So, lots of learning in the process. Thankfully it was a cheap movement, but I really love this watch, so I plan to get a new movement and try again. 

Last night when I dislodged the keyless works I realized how important a very light touch is to all of this.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• …then again it could be a recase. 
    • As a child/young person, I remember how the police sometimes appeared in the middle of a country road and blocked off the traffic. A few minutes later, a fighter jet flew over our heads (loudly and respectfully, almost making us crap our pants), landed in front of us and was towed into the forest. It made us feel safe. I just realized that I've come a long way from demagnetizing watch movements, but isn't that the charm of associations and discussions? Anyway, I'll stick to the topic from here on! Yeah, we decided to stop developing nukes in the late 50s and spend the money on conventional weapons instead. Oops, sorry moderators, I seem to have a problem controlling myself. No more now. I promise.
    • Hi everyone Anyone have any ideas what this caliber is? Is it a genuine B & M as I understand the market is flooded with copies? Thanks.
    • You know it H Ours was scrapped early 60s. Nothing wrong with joining the army H , i would have love the physical and discipline side of it, but i can't follow or be lead by numpties.
    • That's exactly why you need to exercise, or you'll meet with an untimely death! 😉 Well, good thing you weren't born in my neck of the woods then as you would have no choice. Back in the day when it was time for my service (early 80s) this small country could mobilize 800,000 soldiers in a few days, and mobilization supplies with modern weapons and munitions were everywhere and we had an air force second to none. Then beginning in the 90s it was scrapped because our politicians decided that Russia would become a Western democracy. In discussions with colleagues, friends and acquaintances where I mentioned I thought it was imprudent to scrap our capacity for self-defense, I was laughed at. I wonder if anyone of those people would laugh today.