Watch repair

Murks

hi my name is Murks loufoukou I'm 32 year old live In england have two set of twins a really love watch repair a loved it since child I'm still a beginner Iearning by just watching mark lovick youtube videos but a need more help gaining experience a tried apprenticeship can't find any here in uk is there anyone with experience can given me advice just want to learn ?

Welcome to the forum. You may only learn so much from looking at videos or reading books. You must get hands on experience to learn and train. Whatever approach you have it will probably cost som money but doesn't have to be very expensive to get started. You will need som basic tools like screwdrivers, tweezers and movement holders and probably a basic set up of lubricants and greases. Then, of course, you need something to tinker on like some scrap movements or cheap chinese clones (clones of UNITAS 6497/6498 is popular and simple enough). Start with some simple basic watch with perhaps a small seconds dial.

I started by taking the three steps of Marks course and it is a good basic start that will take you through the basics with tools, lubrication and working environment. I found it very helpful.

Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...