Venus 170 assembly question

deni2s

Hi! Just serviced my first chronograph Venus 170, very happy with end result, non-working watch with many missing/broken parts ticks again properly.

But I have one question: during assembly, after train gears are in place, and before chrono part is assembled, which screws do hold the bridge in place? I was expecting same separate scews for that, but couldn't find any, so I figured out some of the chrono gear screws are doing it, but didn't really got which ones are the essential ones, so was trying to be extra careful during chrono assembly. I have couple more Venus 170 waiting for servicing, so if you could help me to figure out which screws are essential for keeping bridge in place, that would be really helpful! And any tips on Venus 170 servicing are welcome!

Do you have the assembly o graff tech manual. I did a lot of work on 170s.......I do know there are a lot of variations so parts are nt alway interchangeable. There are two screws that shouldnt be adjusted unless you know how to do it properly. The tech guide mentioned above is a big help. If you need it let me know and ill send it to you. Its been a while since I did work them. I have a ton of soares if you need any.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, bjd1020 said:

Do you have the assembly o graff tech manual. I did a lot of work on 170s.......I do know there are a lot of variations so parts are nt alway interchangeable. There are two screws that shouldnt be adjusted unless you know how to do it properly. The tech guide mentioned above is a big help. If you need it let me know and ill send it to you. Its been a while since I did work them. I have a ton of soares if you need any.

Yes, looked through that tech gmanual, and I know about eccentric screws for chrono adjustment. I will definitely need spares as I have around 8 movements lying around in different conditions. So I already know for sure, I will need balances (hairsprings and/or staffs), the buttons springs, parts which go under pushers, the (probably hour) wheel with pinion which is on dial side, would be also interested in square push buttons 5x2mm, cases, hands and dials if you have any.