QUARTZ SEIKO Calibre 7T62

After a battery change everything works except the chronograph. pushing top left A button doesn't start it up!

However, the top A button works when getting it in the setting mode to align the chrono. so all hands spin and work as I can align them all with hold the top A button and then click B button pusher to adjust where it resets too.

So what can be the issue?

reset the AC with positive and ac with tweezer.

Quarts modules are there to baffle you with nonsensical behavior (from a mechanical point of view). Replacement is 65 GBP on Cousins if you want the watch to fully work, otherwise good luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi   There are procedures to follow when battery changing on there watches, some of them you need a degree to be able to follow them.   Find attached the tech sheet on the last few pages there is the set up routine.  enjoy the reading.     cheers

7632_Seiko 7T62A, 7T92A, 7T94A Part 3 of 3 (3).pdf 825.18 kB · 0 downloads

the guide starts at III. i need II after a battery change. I saw a dust and opened it up again to clean and i dunno if i broke it or not. but i touched the coil with tweezers with the battery trying anything to find a way to reset it since there is NO AC button on this module.

Now im not sure. its broke.  but i can set the 60min hand and alarm. chrono and seconds hand stopped.

6 hours ago, FALLINGTITAN said:

but i touched the coil with tweezers with the battery trying anything to find a way to reset it since there is NO AC button on this module.

When there is no AC pad that means the module doesn't have one, it is not a mandatory feature. Indeed manipulation by the owner is the most frequent cause to breakage in a watch.

The only recourse you have  Is to check out the coil with a meter and look for a reading , but dont be fooled as some readings are feedback through the block,  the tech sheet will tell you what to expect in the way of a reading.. The only true way to test the coil is to remove it  then there is no out side influence.  As jdm said if there is no ac pad then its unlikley there is a reset function unless its though the pushers in a combination.  To replace the movement Its cost is $65.95 to $71.99 alone.  I have attached another tech sheet with extra pages regarding setting up and the user guide

7t62a_7t92a.pdf seiko-watch-manual-7t62.pdf