Omega Tecnical Guides

There always something have now had to add to my wish list the "Ref. 505 901 0031 Paper roll"

Joking apart went to a BHI lecture about repairing watches. We also talked about the pending Swatch saga and the guy giving the lecture was saying to now become a recognised Rolex service centre there is now a minimum standard of equipment required cost £17,000

Edited by clockboy

What? Do you not have a small stock of paper rolls clockboy? :D

Well, it's expensive to be a Rolex or Omega service. It's going to be exciting this year in October-November when Omega closes its doors for spare parts.

Morten

to now become a recognised Rolex service centre there is now a minimum standard of equipment required cost £17,000

What's the big problem? Service seventeen watches and you'll more than recoupe your outlay in two weeks. ;)

What? Do you not have a small stock of paper rolls clockboy? :D

Well, it's expensive to be a Rolex or Omega service. It's going to be exciting this year in October-November when Omega closes its doors for spare parts.

Morten

Exciting is not the first word that enters my mind ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way it might become exciting is for all to put pen to paper to our present industry secretary.

The swiss are not flavour of the month at present. My letter is saved in my drafts just waiting to see if the BHI come up with a agreement.

If no progress this month the letter/letters will be in the post. Hope many of you guys follow.

A great **BLEEP** off for us keen tinkerers for those who earn a living from the industry it is an absolute disgrace for any government to let the Swiss get away with it.

• Like 1

Exciting is the word I use. But one can certainly call it something else. I do not know in the future if I may continue whit what I am doing now.

In Norway now it is not so many watchmakers left. There has been no commitment from Watchmakers Guild to get more students into the school.

The school is bad. It is difficult to become an apprentice. Unfortunately, the profession being strangled by the big chain stores in shopping centers

that send their repairs on to Swatch group and other brands. So the fight against Swatch group is quite small from Norwegian side.

Some years ago the German automotive industry tried the same with stop selling spare parts to the small workshops. But it was stopped quickly by authorities who thought it would kill many independent garages.

I heard a story from my wholesaler about a watchmaker shop in Sweden. Where the owner of the store is over 90 years old. He has loved Omega his entire career.

His daughters that now runs the small shop, do not dare to tell him about the situation with Omega and Swatch group. They are actually afraid of his health.

You have my signature on the your letter anytime clockboy !

Morten

• 4 weeks later...