Diashock spring size

I was working through the lessons on the Seagull 3620 movement and was replacing the diashock spring on the upper balance jewel when it went flying. 

min researching diashock springs I see there are several model numbers which I assume are related to sizes? So my question is does anyone know what size spring goes int this movement?

Unfortunately this is a really easy mishap to happen I speak from experience. However they will attach to a magnet so keep the watch well away and move a magnet over the suspected launch area. When found it must be de-magnetised. I have attached a PDF  showing some of the variables and be aware some are similar but are different. I recently was given a skeleton "Rotary" watch that had been dropped and the top jewel & shock had come loose. Unfortunately the shock spring had logged inside the winding stem tube and was un-repairable. Looking at the lower jewel it very much looked like a Kif spring but it was in-fact a Seiko movement & spring and I had to modify a shock spring I had in stock.

shock absorber – Watch-Wiki.pdf.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, clockboy said:

Unfortunately this is a really easy mishap to happen I speak from experience. However they will attach to a magnet so keep the watch well away and move a magnet over the suspected launch area. When found it must be de-magnetised. I have attached a PDF  showing some of the variables and be aware some are similar but are different. I recently was given a skeleton "Rotary" watch that had been dropped and the top jewel & shock had come loose. Unfortunately the shock spring had logged inside the winding stem tube and was un-repairable. Looking at the lower jewel it very much looked like a Kif spring but it was in-fact a Seiko movement & spring and I had to modify a shock spring I had in stock.

shock absorber – Watch-Wiki.pdf.pdf 714.23 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you so much for this excellent pdf! I had no idea there were so many variations of shock systems! I did order an assortment of diashock springs recommended by another member. I will try the magnetic sweep as well. I have yet to get a demagnetizer so will have to research that.