Chair Recommendations

SSTEEL

Just wondering what you guys park your rear ends down when working at your workbench?

I currently use a modern computer chair, and whilst it maybe comfortable, its a **BLEEP** noise chair, creeks, and squeaks, and is starting to do my head in.

Seeing as my workbench height is standard office desk height right now, I would like a chair which I can lower down to a milking stool level, but with the ability of raising it up for when I am working on my computer/keyboard.

I considered getting an old milking stool just for work, and my computer chain for computing, but trying to find an all in one solution, plus I was a lot of films in the evenings, so having the recline function is a must.

Basically I spend all day on the same chair (pretty much), so its got to be a solution that will last, and not a temporary fix/solution.

Look forward to your ideas.

Hi Micky,

I, like you, have about the same routine! I use my computer chair for the computer but in the odd instance I need higher, it doubles as a watch chair because of the adjusting lever.

I made a stool -- maybe like a milking stool but 4 legs -- some time ago with the right height for my classical guitar playing. I use it too as my watch chair. It is not as high as I would like -- for maybe one inch - so the bench (portable one) sits a little lower and that works well so far. The trick is my legs are not bent and I'm in a comfortable position. I really haven't looked for an all in one chair since there is always a compromise and I do hate the noise when working on my watches!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I have made a makeshift stool, and comfortable with the height, so now I'm looking at foot stools, they come in all sorts of designs and structure, some look quite comfy too.

Post pictures when you're finished. I'm going to try to also make a stool to match the style of my old workbench I just bought so would like to see what you come up with.

• Like 1