Reverso glass

Hi folks. I'm trying to track down a replacement glass for a Jaeger Reverso (169x209). It's the older design that requires the glass to be curved top and bottom.. Generic glass is available, but only with a flat bottom. I can't find the curved version anywhere. Any ideas?

If it's completely obsolete, then the only thing I can think to do is mill down the curve on the inside of the case so it will take the flat bottomed glass.

Edited by margolisd
Missing info

A hard call but the crystals seems to be flat for that one, but if the owner agrees why not it seems to be enough material left.
Just a qurious question, is it dirt or scratches in the corner of the lover corner part of the case?

Edited by HSL

This turned out okay. I very carefully filed the curve down flat with an escapement file. It took me three hours because I was being so careful. It was hard to get the angle correct. But the file you can see in the picture did the job really well.

The glass now sits flat and the watch is "upgraded" to accept flat bottomed glass. It just needs some UV glue and she's good to go. Phew!

IMG_1217.thumb.jpeg.fa65ca0564b0ed18ff46bed7427bacd3.jpegIMG_1210.thumb.jpeg.bfaabf6f61992d53699e7021995fafe2.jpeg

• Like 2