niewbie watch modder

afa

Hi all! My name is Alex, product designer with great interest in watches. Always liked them but since I inherited a vintage Omega Seamaster and got into the process to have it repaired and sliiiiightly modified by changing the strap to something more contemporary, I really want to get into the world of modifying Seikos.
Added to the fact that I just had my first child, I wish to develop a hobby, a skill that perhaps could pass to him as well. If not, all is good, I can give him any watch I will be modifying.

I just received my toolset(s), some from China some from more reputable brands like Bergeon. Shall I have success, ongoing interest and time to modify watches (as well as budget!!! hehe), I will try to enrich my toolbox.
I got a case from CrystalTimes, some parts, as well as a seiko snk807 to practice on but I need to order more parts.

I joined the forum to share my future creations as well as start asking some questions.

Here is my vintage Omega

ο1.JPG

ο2.JPG

• Like 1

Salutations fellow noob: I would take a walk through the flea markets & hit up the stall holders for non runners!... Market stallholders are a unpredictable bunch, maybe if you looked the part.... Just a thought

• Like 1