How To Timing Adjustment Problem Richard Mille 030?

Hi,

two things to consider;

Firslty, assuming that you have the real deal, we're talking here about a watch with a price tag in the high £10K's, if not the £100K's. Without wishing to sound disrespectful, if you don't know what you're doing then this really is something that should be left to someone who does unless you're happy to face the prospect of spending more £K's repairing the damage if (and more likely when) it all goes horribly wrong. And if you need to ask the question that you have asked it is unlikely that you have the requisite experience or understanding to carry out the necessary adjustment. If I'm wrong then I apologise, I don't mean to offend, simply to help save a huge expense.

Secondly, this movement uses what is called a free sprung balance. The part that you have circled is an adjustable stud carrier which is used to get the balance in beat (equal length ticks and tocks). Don't touch it unles you have a timing machine that can display the beat error otherwise you will find it impossible to adjust out any errors that you may introduce. Timing, or rate, is adjusted by varying the moment of inertia of the balance, which is achieved by adjusting four (I think) small weights attached to the rim of the balance wheel. These need to be manipulated with extreme care in order not to damage anything, and by precisely the same amount so as not to impact on the poise of the balance. You need to have a timing machine to be able to properly assess the impact of any adjustment, and you probably have to use a proprietary tool which can only be obtained by an authorised service centre.

Long story short; adjust the rim weights to increase the moment of inertia to slow the watch down, or decrease the moment of inertia to speed it up. If that makes no sense to you then please take the problem to a competent watchmaker to be adjusted.

Out of interest, what exactly is problematic about the watch?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Marc said:

Firslty, assuming that you have the real deal, we're talking here about a watch with a price tag in the high £10K's, if not the £100K's.

According to the web page from where the picture was taken, it's $140,000
https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.com/home/insider-richard-mille-automatic-rm-030-black-dash-hands-on-review-with-live-pics-of-a-stunner

But OP the OP didn't say that he has this piece in hand, maybe we got "problem" for "question". I don't even think that credible fakes of this watch are made. 

and you probably have to use a proprietary tool which can only be obtained by an authorised service centre.

Even before that, one would need a proprietary driver to open the watch. But these are indeed available from China.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jdm said:

Theo trang web nơi bức ảnh được chụp, đó là $ 140.000
https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.com/home/insider-richard-mille-automatic-rm-030-black-dash-hands-on-review-with- live-pics-of-a-stunner

Nhưng  OP các OP không nói rằng ông có mảnh này trong tay, có lẽ chúng ta có "vấn đề" cho "câu hỏi". Tôi thậm chí không nghĩ rằng hàng giả đáng tin cậy của chiếc đồng hồ này được tạo ra. 

Ngay cả trước đó, người ta sẽ cần một trình điều khiển độc quyền để mở đồng hồ. Nhưng những thứ này thực sự có sẵn từ Trung Quốc.

Thank you. In Vietnam, there are many products like these and are committed to genuine luxury products

9 giờ trước, Marc nói:

Chào

hai điều họ xem xem;

Firslty, giả sử rằng bạn có thỏa thuận thực sự, chúng ta đang nói ở đây về một chiếc đồng hồ có giá ở mức cao £ 10K, nếu không phải là £ 100K. Không muốn tỏ ra thiếu tôn trọng, nếu bạn không biết mình đang làm gì thì đây thực sự là điều nên để lại cho ai đó trừ khi bạn vui mừng đối mặt với viễn cảnh phải chi thêm £ K để sửa chữa thiệt hại nếu (và nhiều khả năng khi) tất cả đi sai lầm khủng khiếp. Và nếu bạn cần đặt câu hỏi mà bạn đã hỏi thì không chắc là bạn có kinh nghiệm hoặc hiểu biết cần thiết để thực hiện điều chỉnh cần thiết. Nếu tôi sai thì tôi xin lỗi, tôi không có ý xúc phạm, chỉ đơn giản là để giúp tiết kiệm một khoản chi phí rất lớn.

Thứ hai, phong trào này sử dụng cái được gọi là cân bằng bung tự do. Phần mà bạn đã khoanh tròn là một tàu sân bay stud có thể điều chỉnh được sử dụng để có được sự cân bằng trong nhịp (các dấu và chiều dài bằng nhau). Đừng chạm vào nó, bạn có một máy định thời có thể hiển thị lỗi nhịp nếu không bạn sẽ không thể điều chỉnh bất kỳ lỗi nào mà bạn có thể đưa ra. Thời gian, hoặc tốc độ, được điều chỉnh bằng cách thay đổi mô men quán tính của cân bằng, điều này đạt được bằng cách điều chỉnh bốn trọng lượng nhỏ (tôi nghĩ) gắn vào vành của bánh xe cân bằng. Những thứ này cần phải được thao tác hết sức cẩn thận để không làm hỏng bất cứ thứ gì, và chính xác là cùng một lượng để không ảnh hưởng đến sự cân bằng của sự cân bằng. Bạn cần có một cỗ máy thời gian để có thể đánh giá đúng tác động của bất kỳ sự điều chỉnh nào,

Mẩu chuyện dài; điều chỉnh trọng lượng vành để tăng mô men quán tính để làm chậm đồng hồ hoặc giảm mô men quán tính để tăng tốc. Nếu điều đó không có ý nghĩa với bạn thì hãy đưa vấn đề đến thợ sửa đồng hồ có thẩm quyền để được điều chỉnh.

Không quan tâm, chính xác những gì có vấn đề về đồng hồ?

Cảm ơn bạn. Ý của bạn là điều chỉnh những điểm tôi đánh dấu màu đỏ?

231.thumb.jpg.6d597e315b1d43c006eff4f6e1c90c6e.jpg

3 hours ago, chungvn0911 said:

Thank you. In Vietnam, there are many products like these and are committed to genuine luxury products

Good to know, I have been in Vietnam many times and alway appreciated the genuine attitude of people, as I don't care about luxury myself.

Now, first you put a picture of on a RM30, but then the other picture is a different watch, what it is? 

Please do not quote the entire post or its translation when replying, and use English only. 

Also, we have a section for introducing oneself, as is considered polite to do so even before asking questions. 

40 minutes ago, jdm said:

Good to know, I have been in Vietnam many times and alway appreciated the genuine attitude of people, as I don't care about luxury myself.

Now, first you put a picture of on a RM30, but then the other picture is a different watch, what it is? 

Please do not quote the entire post or its translation when replying, and use English only. 

Also, we have a section for introducing oneself, as is considered polite to do so even before asking questions. 

I'm sorry that I just joined the forum, so I'm not fluent.  What I'm asking is about the richard mille 030

30 minutes ago, chungvn0911 said:

What I'm asking is about the richard mille 030

Marc has perfectly replied to this above already. I suppose your question was only theoretical, you may find more insight searching the Internet on the subject. 

Edited by jdm

7 hours ago, chungvn0911 said:

Cảm ơn bạn. Ý của bạn là điều chỉnh những điểm tôi đánh dấu màu đỏ?

Translated "Thank you. Did you mean adjusting the points I marked in red?"

That's correct. If you look at the weights they are asymmetrical (or at least they have only 1 line of symmetry about the axis of the mounting peg), which results in an uneven mass distribution about the mounting pin which is lowest at the slot and highest 180 degrees around from the slot.

Rotating the weight about its peg will move the concentration of mass either towards the axis of the balance wheel (slot outboard of its mounting pin), which will reduce the moment of inertia of the wheel and speed up the rate, or away from the axis of the balance wheel (slot inboard of its mounting pin), increasing the moment of inertia and slowing the watch down.

Looking at the pic it appears that the weights are in 2 pairs of different shapes. This could be to provide a coarse adjustment and a fine adjustment.

Altering the position of these weights (within each pair) by different amounts will introduce poising errors which will result in positional time keeping variations in the watch, making accurate regulation virtually impossible.

These weights may also have a secondary function as poising adjustments, which means that rotating each weight within a pair so that they are in the same orientation (180 degrees around the balance axis) and therefore look right, will also cause poising problems.

As already stated, this is an adjustment that cannot be successfully accomplished without a timing machine to properly assess the outcome, and really should not be attempted by the inexperienced unless the prospect of a very expensive failure is an acceptable end result. Obviously if this is your own watch then you entitled to do as you wish with it, but if this is for a client you will need to exercise extreme caution as the cost of correcting any mistakes will be high.