Tissot T-Touch Smart Watch Disassembly Photos & Instructions

DrRock

Most of you on here would almost certainly be experts already - I'm not. But one of my watches is a Tissot T-Touch Smart Watch, and I wasn't sure how to get the back off it. It LOOKS like a screw-type back, complete with recesses for a crab claw or Jaxa - but it's not. It's a snap-off/on type.

For anyone who may need to get into one of these, for a battery change, or for a more intensive service, here is a link I found with detailed instructions and excellent photos.

One very important piece of advice he gives is to point out the pressure sensor that is exposed once the back comes off.

The watch, by the way, takes a CR1632 3-volt battery.

Here's the link:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f62/tissot-t-touch-disassembly-photos-instructions-251413.html

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hi all,  I am currently working on a tissot 2481 (equal to an omega 1481) and have tried to replace the mainspring, I ordered the correct spring from cousins but the centre spiral wasn’t tight enough for the arbour, the only option I had (with limited skills and knowledge) was to bend the spring to suit, after several attempts to get the correct size it led to the spring snapping is there an alternative mainspring suggestion as it seems it is the cousins Swiss one I’m having the issue with or does anyone know where I can source a mainspring barrel complete? thank you in advance Sam
    • Update Learning by my observations. Looking under the microscope it is obvious I am not the first. Minute scratches on the pallet bridge. Found the problem. The train of wheels bridge had not been placed correct. Pivot hole on the second wheel was lifted by pressure on the screws. None of the train would turn. The pallet fork jewels were misaligned. Spring on the jewel for balance on the dial side was broken. The balance would not rotate as the pallet fork would not engage. Hairspring was out of shape.  It had obviously never worked since the last person did the 'service'.  Priced replacement pallet fork and balance. Cheaper to get a new movement. Conversed with owner. This is what he wants. Ah well.
    • That still seems to be what mine is designed for. No position has any effect on friction. And it feels like overkill to be an eccentric adjustment since the anvil plate already has enough motion. It's one more thing to knock out of adjustment at the wrong time.
    • Yes thats possible, that pivot could well have more friction when sat in the dimple, might be enough to stop the balance. If the dimple is deep enough and the staff pivot has worn down as well, which it most probably has then the staff could end up riding on the underneath of the balance jewel at it's shoulder height and stop the oscillations.  When the spring is removed it is only held at one point , at the collet on the staff, in this situation the spring is free to take on it's own natural shape. When fitted to the movement the spring is then held at 2 points, the collet and the stud, 3 if you include the regulating pins. In that situation the spring is being pulled from its natural shape if the 3 points are not correctly adjusted to match the spring's shape, usually just at the stud can bring things into alignment. Bunching up of the coils more often makes the spring oscillate faster, in effect taking the active timing point from the regulating pins to the bunched up coils , closest to the collet.