Watch repair

Hi all. Since watching Marks video repairing a Seiko 7s26 I was lucky enough to have a friend who had one that needed repairing a Seiko 7S26C. I have stripped cleaned the works. Broken and replaced the escape wheel.

I started to re-assemble the watch but now I find that the escape wheel can spin when the pallet is held in a specific position. I am now wondering if the escape wheel dims are correct. I bought the escape wheel from Cousins. I will check with my vernier to see if indeed I can detect a difference. If I put the balance in the amplitude is extremely short. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you .

42 minutes ago, Colditz said:

Hi all. Since watching Marks video repairing a Seiko 7s26 I was lucky enough to have a friend who had one that needed repairing a Seiko 7S26C. I have stripped cleaned the works. Broken and replaced the escape wheel.

I started to re-assemble the watch but now I find that the escape wheel can spin when the pallet is held in a specific position. I am now wondering if the escape wheel dims are correct. I bought the escape wheel from Cousins. I will check with my vernier to see if indeed I can detect a difference. If I put the balance in the amplitude is extremely short. Any advice would be welcome.

You should have posted this  in watch repair questions, that is the only forum where the OP  can rate and mark the correct answer.

7S26 escape wheel has never changed across versions. The P/N should be on the original box. As often posted, you can check my sheet for reference  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

From your description you may have a bent, -f not broken- pinion on escape wheel or pallet fork
Unfortunately the 7S26 is not an easy mov't as it may seem. In many cases it me be more expeditious to replace the entire mov't.

Edited by jdm

Hi JDM

Sorry you are right I should've posted in watch repair Qs. I have indeed purchased a new movement but would love to fix this as a project and understand where the fault lies. I'll post some detail on WRQs.

Cheers