Acetimer1000 - All Those Considering Buying One

About six months ago I purchased an Acetimer1000 off their fleabay site.  It's simple to use and has all the functions I need to adjust the watches I work on at home.

Anyone who's been watching my watch service walkthroughs know I recently serviced a Miyota 8200 Automatic Movement, which timed up very nicely on the Acetimer1000 ... with a Beat Error of 0.0 in Dial-up position.  Well, the next day I put the same watch on a VERY expensive timegrapher which is certified and calibrated.  In Dial-up it showed a Beat Error of 1.3!!  THIS IS NOT GOOD GENTLEMEN!

I understand you get what you pay for; but we are not talking features here, this is simply calibration at the factory.

Now I'm not going to bag the Acetimer1000, yet, and I always give a company an opportunity to fix problems.  People aren't perfect, and mistakes can happen ... the person who calibrated my unit might have had an off day.

I have emailed Acetimer.com and explained my situation, and I will keep everyone updated on the outcome.

That is quite a difference and it will obviously need to be re-calibrated - not sure how it is done though - that would be interesting to find out.

I have one of these Timegraphers and it is very close to the eTimer software I use from Graham Baxter - for the price, I can't fault it. But if it was that far out then I would not use it for final testing.

It would be good to test them back to back at the same time Rather than a day apart just to make sure that nothing had changed in the watch from the first measurement.

My thoughts precisely but also would like to know how to calibrate one.

Mine is the 1200/1500/1900 or something (just over 1000 but can't remember now, will have to look). It is the replacement for the 1000.

Cheers,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been two weeks, and not a sausage!  No reply from them at all.

Being the Christmas period, I will give them some grace, send them another email, and report back in another 2 weeks guys.

AceTimer ... the watch world is watching you :phew:

Just to add another note to this thread.

I dug up the personal email address of Anthony Chau at Acetimer.  So this email is not going through their "Contact Us" messaging system; this is a direct email to a known email address.

Stay tuned fellow watch nuts