Sign in to follow this  
dstella

Citizen 7803A Cosmotron Beat Error?

Question

Hi all - I have a new (to me) Cosmotron that is running fine at +15 seconds a day (actually great, since it does that in all positions!) but I am curious about the apparent massive beat error: 7.6ms. Adjusting the hairspring stud (which on a mechanical watch would change this) does not affect this at all (maybe by 0.3 at most). I am content to leave well enough alone, but is this type of error normal on Cosmotrons? Or is the timer having difficulty listening to it? I have had issues with plastic watches (Siderals, Swatches, etc.) that have to be oriented differently due to plastic cases, so it would not be surprising if it's a timer issue.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I usually put the crown to the metal part on the Timegrapher. i don't know what kind of TG you have. So can't say how to put the watch. But even if it's a plastic case or a well enclosed case it works fine to put the crown to the metal which holds the case. 7,6 beat error sounds a lot. 7803A isn't that a electronic movement with balance? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Welcome Loren. I am new to this group also, seems to be a great group, Mark.  
    • Thanks. Is this something I need zenith to do (that's sounding very expensive), or a capable watchmaker can handle? Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
    • Thanks watchweepole. I’ve looked for that video but no luck. If you have a link, it would be much appreciated my friend Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Hello!  I know this is a watch forum, but I believe that clock questions are also welcomed, so based on that, I hope that someone can point me in the right direction, on my question : I have a wall clock ( not old - about 30 yrs ) which has a battery powered clock 'movement' . It has a powered pendulum and two different  1/4 hour  & hour chimes ( one is the Westminster chime ) which can be selected. Anyhow, the clock is of no antique value (obviously ) but is of sentimental value. For the past few months, the hands don't turn ( or do so, now and again, randomly ) and unless they cross the 15 min. / hour marks, there is no chime. The pendulum however continues doing it's thing. Now this clock was not expensive or of any big name and the hands / chime is a small  box / battery holder. I have looked online for a replacement, and have seen some very similar looking ones, but they don't have the chime ability ( electronic chime / speaker ) . I wonder if anyone knows if such a replacement unit is available, or what the search term is for it,  and where I might look for one?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • Today it's the Benrus Citation electronic watch. I recently pulled this apart to clean it. It had a very tall battery in it and the hatch wasn't sealing so moisture was getting in and everything was beginning to stall. Next strap I buy, will be a replacement for this ugly thing.