jmatt

PDF and diagrams

I downloaded the pdf for the "Watch Parts" lesson from level 1.   I wanted to print it for offline study.  The diagrams are missing from the pdf.  Is this expected or i did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Jonathan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hi does any one know who this mark is for . i know AS is schild but cannot find ASAT see pics. Its a oris and under the mark its got 1950/51. I am trying to find the lift angle to time it. before i strip it. thanks gary
    • Hi all. I recently purchased a box of landeron 48 spares for another project I was working on. The box came with a Dogma dial and I think It may be correct for the Landeron 48 movement. I have done a little digging about Dogma but I have not really come up with much about this particular watch. So does anyone have any info regarding this watch and if I was to build it up into a working watch can anyone give me any guidance on a suitable case. Many thanks.     
    • I have had a similar problem with a (Swiss) lever escapement. It appears to be caused by the pallets of the lever being slightly too far from the escape wheel and under engaging. I think the escape wheel may be released slightly too early which causes it to push the lever back the other way due to it engaging the other pallet too early. I think this then means that the lever never allows the balance wheel to release. My problem was ultimately due to a missing pin that aligned the escape wheel bridge which I still haven't fixed properly (as I haven't had time to make a new pin) but have managed to get it going without (it is my own watch) by carefully adjusting where the bridge is with a screwdriver.
    • I also think that's what it was. The broach was going too deep initially into the oval, when it corresponded to the half-section of the cutter. When I kept turning, it dug itself into the plate.  I was horrified at first and tried backing off and turning again, but it just kept finding the notch I had cut.  I retrospect, I should had stopped and filed the cut part smooth again and then restarted and been more careful - as well as oiling the damm thing. I have no idea why I forgot that part  Anyway, I am quite pleased with the result and it has certainly upped the confidence levels a fair bit. Just need lots of practice.
    • Thanks for the support. every day is a learning day!