I downloaded the pdf for the "Watch Parts" lesson from level 1.   I wanted to print it for offline study.  The diagrams are missing from the pdf.  Is this expected or i did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Jonathan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Quick update on this, the lens wasnt glued at all. Just bezel set I to the case like a cabochon stone... I'm assuming that means it's never been replaced.  Anyway, removing it took about 30 seconds. I have the new lug made and ready to solder on (just need to get everyone out of the house for a while so I can work in secret). I was also able to straighten the bent crown. Things are coming together nicely. I just wish I had more time to work on it! Thanks all.
    • Second try, is anyone willing to measure the pin in their headstock? Thanks
    • RESOLVED:  The upper pivot was not seating in the jewel.  Put it on the scope and seated it under direct vision.  Running now.  I'll let it run the new lube in over night and then regulate.   Thanks. RMD
    • OH:  I'm not sure I ever got the pivots seated.  I am going to try once again and will check end shake and make certain the pivots are in the jewels.  I have attempted to seat the pallet at least 10 time today.  what's that saying about doing the same thing over and over . . . Thanks,   RMD
    • A quick look at the parts catalogue sheet on Cousins suggests that your spring isn’t quite the right shape which will always make the guesswork harder. Cousins has them in stock at only £2.20 so worth getting a replacement. The installation is a little unusual, but the Google drive link in this thread has a pretty good image https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/1919-favre-leuba-253-service/page/2/ There is also a suggestion in that thread that the barrel arbours might not both be the same. Worth a check they are in the right places.