Info on Orient movement please

Thanks yankeedog.  My wife’s from NC and would question your moniker.  Being from Boston, I would not.

Advertised as not running but I found a dial foot screw stuck under the escape wheel.  So, I have hope.  

I’ve also posted a question about a missing part.  Any help is appreciated!

Charlie

I am a refugee.I escaped from NY .I didn't have to apply for asylum or anything.I love it here, it's like a different country that uses the same money. I am out in the country. The only traffic here is an opossum crossing the road  in front of you. I will look for that  parts post.

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this thread because i have some thoughts. I think maybe there are movements being associated with Orient that they maybe did not make? 

Starting with, one of the first watches i bought for restoration has a movement marked "11Y 2M8" 

It also has a shield with what is surely a Q in it, but sometimes looks a bit like it might be an O in a shield, which would make it seem like maybe it was Orient. I sure thought so at the time. 

I don't have my own pictures handy, but here's pics from a recent auction. Watch is called "Competition I" and seems to be of a series of watches. They all have checkered flags on the dial, the Q in a shield on the movement. There's also "Competition II" and "Competition". They came with various movements and sellers variously say they are from japan or switzerland but i don't believe the dial is actually signed as such? 

The 11Y 2M8 bears a striking resemblance to a Förster 152: 

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Foerster_152

There's an 11U 4B8 model that is sometimes marked A-201. 

"Competition II" is an automatic sometimes marked "12B1D" and "QWATCH", sometimes "12B1D8" 

I have no idea who "QWATCH" was. 

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

• 1 month later...