Calvin

Rolex precision 6466 stop when crown screw down

Question

Hello guys

Why my rolex precision 6466 stops when crown screw down..

But it runs again when crown not screw down or in manual wind position?

It stops when the crown enter too deep inside the movement..

Thankyou

2 answers to this question

Personally, I've never owned a Rolex but I've experienced this same issue with Seiko divers. There is a rubber seal in the base of the crown and due to age and use, it can become brittle and break, causing it to fall out of the crown in small bits. When this happens, the space previously occupied by the rubber gasket allows the crown to seat further into the watch, thereby interfering with the normal operation. 

You will likely need to remove the stem and crown, install a new crown gasket or o-ring, whichever is required, and all should return to normal. I might add that if the gasket has perished, likely your watch is due or even overdue for a full service.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By beastomaniac
      My Rolex Submariner cal. 3135 won't hack from time to time when I pull out the crown. Is it some kind of lubrication or mechanical issue, is it easily fixable without tearing the whole movement apart?
    • By east3rn
      Hello. Dear watchmakers.
      I have a very old timepiece from Rolex that I am about to work on..
      From googling, I found out that this is called "trench watch" that might had been used during WWI or any other war in that era ( 1910~1920)
      However, I could not figure out the reference no. of the movement. All I know about the movement is that it is 29mm in diameter and has 15 jewels.
      I am actually looking for a replacement movement for this watch since the mainspring must be replaced due to damage.
      Plus, I am also looking for the rachet wheel with "Rolex" engraved to replace the existing one.
      I have found similar movements on the web(the third photo added)  but click part was not the same.
      I wonder if the one with different type of click would have parts that are replaceable.
      To sum up, my questions are
      1) the reference of the movement.
      2) how I can get parts or the whole movement for replacement
      3) does a movement with different click type would be suitable for replacement.
      Thanks and  I wish you a great day.

• By Calvin
      Hello guys..
      My Rolex precision oysterdate date won,t change
      It stuck on 30 and won,t change even i try to set time to the next day.. and the next..
      What happen to this watch?
      Thankyou