Winding sound when unscrewing crown

AP1875

After removing a 7750 movement and then putting it back in its case I’m getting a winding sound when I unscrew the crown. Everything functions correctly - winding, date quickset and adjusting the time.

Any ideas what is causing this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the winder module, reversers 

I only repaired the keyless so didn’t disassemble the winding module. Still worth checking? What would you look for? Winds just fine in winding position.

The sound itself relates to the source, apart from which is visual check the suspected source.

Two sources can commonly be refered to as winding sound.

The auto winder, the gears in auto winder mech can be seen turning to produce the sound. It sounds the same as auto winder commonly makes, just observe the auto mech( rotor and winder module)  as you hear the sound.

The manual wind sound is generated by cluch mech and click, check if the return bar completely disengages the  pinion and castle gears. the ratchet wheel should not turn as stem is turned in anticlock direction(  if that is what you refer to" unscrew " )

Winder module is a train transferring power from the rotor  to mainspring.

The train consist of reversers and set of reduction gears.refer to eternaltools.com for picture of components and their names on eta movements. 7750 commonly called valjoux is differemt design but it two got a bidirectional winder so reverser applies.

Hope I havn,t bemused you as I have myself.

Regards joe

• Like 1

I think you hit the nail on the head with the thoughts on the keyless and return bar.

Thank you for the detailed response. Now I know what it is and that it’s not really a big enough issue to take the movement apart again. These Chinese movements can be very temperamental, something else will probably go wrong if I take it apart again [emoji3061] and the movement is running very well.