BUSAKAZ

Panasonic G7

Hi all, a little question for mark really, I have got the G7 and what lens you would recommend for macro work part numbers would be nice, and how are you getting on with it.....

Many thanks

Kaz

Panasonic G7 has its own native macro lens. It's a 30mm (So 60mm full frame equivelent). I use it as a regular prime though as I want to get in even closer with the camera further away.

The solution for me was a Viltrox EF-M2 speedbooster and Canon EF macro 100mm and 60mm prime lenses.

Both very sharp buy the 100mm is the most useful to me.

Shoot in 4k and use a 1080p timeline in Davinci Resolve and you will be able to crop in even further. Or shoot in 1080p and use the Ex-tele function on the G7 which effective turns your lens into two primes.

Side note - I recently upgraded to the GH5 and have not regretted it. But the G7 is an amazing camera so I decided to keep it - they compliment each other well.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Panasonic G7 has its own native macro lens. It's a 30mm (So 60mm full frame equivelent). I use it as a regular prime though as I want to get in even closer with the camera further away.

The solution for me was a Viltrox EF-M2 speedbooster and Canon EF macro 100mm and 60mm prime lenses.

Both very sharp buy the 100mm is the most useful to me.

Shoot in 4k and use a 1080p timeline in Davinci Resolve and you will be able to crop in even further. Or shoot in 1080p and use the Ex-tele function on the G7 which effective turns your lens into two primes.

Side note - I recently upgraded to the GH5 and have not regretted it. But the G7 is an amazing camera so I decided to keep it - they compliment each other well.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Mark, thanks for the info and prompt reply I'm looking forward to using it.

Many thanks

Kaz

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• If you're talking about something like a set bridge or springs and jumpers for a chronograph or similar the standard steel  in the U.S. would be O-1 oil hardening steel. Starrett sells it, you may find cheaper elsewhere. Bergeon used to sell little packs of steel sheet in different thicknesses, you may find some old stock on Ebay. It seems quite similar to O1 in my experience. Other Swiss suppliers used to sell larger sheets in 0.10mm thickness increments but not anymore and it's quite tricky to find in small quantities.
    • The one in the center is labled for clock work very similar to the one you purchased as you can see the watch makers ones are more versatile with all the stakes and stumps and a full array of punches.. I hope this was some use for your information
    • Hi. My name is Brandon. I joined because I want to learn a bit about how to care for my girlfriend's watches and mine as well. We're not collectors or anything. Just casual watch wearers. She started all this. I replaced the battery in one of hers. It was easy. And one ended up being a kinetic watch that she hadn't worn in a long time. But, she has a few more that she wants to get going again and I have one as well. We've already damaged one by breaking the crystal trying to pop the back back into place on one of hers. I warned her I didn't know exactly what I was doing and that i had never done it before but she wanted to try. So, we used a watch press...incorrectly. Got it online. I'm pretty upset with myself. I'm usually pretty good about tinkering and fixing things and I usually do more research before diving into something I've never done before. The instructions for the watch press were lacking and I followed them to a T. We see now where we went wrong, though. Should have done some research and watched some videos on how to use one first. Please don't be too harsh on me lol. I'm taking it to a jeweler today to get the crystal replaced because I don't want to get into that. One of my watches and one of hers both have a back that unscrews. I got the tool needed to remove the back and successfully opened them both without scratching them up to see what batteries they need. It all went well. The battery came out very easily in hers, but mine has some sort of clip or something in the way. It's metal and looks like I might need to remove a small flathead screw to open it up and remove the battery, but I am not sure. So, I'm here to learn mostly. Thanks for having me.
    • Hi rstl99   Yes it looks all there apart from a few gaps these are ok for general work, for balance work etc you need the  proper up right staking tool with rotating table and punches.  If you google watchmakers stanikng set or do the  same on ebay you will see what I mean therer are many makes K&D Star and many more.
    • Super interesting!! I hadn’t seen any staking tool without a shaft to guide the stakes. There has to be a away set things up. I wonder if these sets are more accessories to a basic set rather than the whole tool by itself.

I’m interested to learn more about this! Let’s see what the gurus have to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk