Shock absorbing system: removing the jewels

I have a Unitas 498 pocket watch movement (see pictures) which has a shock absorption system I haven't encountered before and I want take out the setting safely so I can clean and lubricate it.  I have tentatively identified the shock system as a Vibrax 160E.  I have also included a picture of a close up of the system on the balance cock side.  Anyone recognize it?  What's the best way to take it out?  I hope the pictures are clear enough.  Thanks!  Doug

DSCF0274.JPG

Unitas 498 Cropped.jpg

14 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi,  slightly raise the three prongs holding the cab in place. 

Cleaning in wash machine  or by solvent are preffered approach, since the incab design is not suitable for frequent removal.

Regards joe

Nucejoe, thanks for your reply.  When you say "holding the cab in place" do you mean the cap as in cap jewel?  I also understand you to be saying that it is better just to clean the balance cock and plate holding the balance jewels rather than remove them in order to clean them.  Is that right?

Hi, rght the incabloc ie;  the spring that locks the cab on top of staff jewels.there are three prongs holding the jewels cabs in place. Lift those just enough to wiggle out the jewel cab " Least strain on the prongs, to avoid fatigue".

Oiling without good cleaning, is delaying the need for a proper service.

If you are sure of acheiving good cleaning with jewels in place, You can do without cab removal, in which case you would avoid fatigue or damage to prongs. Otherwise cab removal is neccessry to gain access to jewels and cabs for cleaning and pegging.

If not clear, please feel free to let me know, so I hand draw you a sketch of jewel, cab   and prong assembly.

Regards joe

2 hours ago, DouglasSkinner said:

Nucejoe, thanks for your reply.  When you say "holding the cab in place" do you mean the cap as in cap jewel?  I also understand you to be saying that it is better just to clean the balance cock and plate holding the balance jewels rather than remove them in order to clean them.  Is that right?

Sorry cleaning machine not wash machine.

Metalurgically three prongs incablocs lack springness and are more vounerable to fatigue or breaking, than later designs of incabloc with good springness and better plasticity.

Regards.