I am having no luck finding screws 54000 (10.513.01) for ETA 978.002 quartz movement for fixing the circuit board. All usual sources have no stock and I have none in my own stock of over 300 screws!!  The only sources I have seen is for full movements at £10-15.  I do FOC repair work for a local charity so cannot justify this cost for the 2 screws that I need for repairing a low value Rotary Ladies watch. 

If any one can help me out it would be most appreciated and I can pay reasonable costs.  I attach a drawing of the screws required (2 off needed), the critical dimensions are the thread/shank diameter and the length under the head.  The threaded length must be a 1.10 mm minimum (fully threaded is ok).  All dimensions are in mm.

ETA 54000 Screw-978002.pdf

Not the easiest to find? Found some but with my caliper they measure 0.65 . Could the be within the error of the caliber or are they to large? 

Also found one that was 0.53. 

Maybe they are 0,5 and 0,6 mm and my caliber measures a little wrong? Will look with my micrometer tomorrow? 

Thanks for all your efforts.  Clockboy I have recently purchased 2 different packs of mixed screws (I found these to have a very limited selection and many of little use!) and 1 pack of battery clamp screws recently and none have revealed a suitable screw (0/500), mainly too short !!

I have measured a 0.6mm tap and this indicates 0.59mm on my gauge so I guess the screws are tapped to the standard 0.6mm.  On this basis maybe rogarts 0.55mm diam may be a possible rather than the 0.65mm which I don't think will go down the tube. 

Rogart - re the 0.55mm diam, is the length ok, slightly longer would be ok and the head dia is not too important so long as it is near. If so would you be able to mail it to me?  Being cheeky, I really need 2 of them if you have.

Edited by canthus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a great group of forum members who are only too willing to help a fellow member.

Rogart kindly sent me some screws but unfortunately none of them directly fit but I am going to try and modify 2  of them. 

This may not work so still on the lookout if anyone can help.

• Like 1

Managed to reduce the diam over the full length and re-tap the end 0.6mm, the lengths were ok as they were. The screws now fit fine and the watch has been returned to the shop.  :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Might add that the 1st one took ages as I don't have lathe and had to do by hand filing and finishing, and the use a tapping block to re-instate the thread. In the process I developed a couple of holding jigs from the veritable CD case, so the 2nd screw was a doddle!! :)

Thanks again rogart for the long screws.

Edited by canthus