For Those Who Work On Kinetics

Only have a closeup of mine.

20141103_14111301.jpg

The watch sits upright. You can use foam to wedge it so it stays put smack in the centre of each ring.

Took 4 days to fully charge mine.

Edit.

Its the base from this set.

279751_IMAGEO-Candle-Light_xxl.jpg

Edited by ro63rto
  • Like 1

Thank you ro63rto! I'll check those out on ebay, I believe it is what I was looking for!

Cheers,

Bob

One thing to point out though.

I have not opened it up to bypass the timer feature so every few hours i have to press the reset (red led) to resume charging. One day I'll get round to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only had one kinetic watch (a Seiko Arctura chrono), and had no trouble in keeping it running when it was off the wrist. When it did run down, it took a few hours to get it back to an even tick - rather than the 2-second jump that the second hand makes when it's underpowered - but apart from that it ran more or less continuously on a day's worth of normal wrist time..

It always seemed odd to me to save battery costs by buying a kinetic - and then use an electrically powered winder to keep it going! In the end I sold it as the chrono function was faulty, and got a solar powered Seiko instead. I much prefer solar power.

• Like 1

Are those obsolete now, or do they still make them?

I got mine from A.G.Thomas some time ago, but their website is such a mish mash, it would probably pay to phone them.

I don't think Seiko have ever officially sold them, I just think that occasionally the suppliers acquired them.

I have seen them in esslinger and ofrei, maybe even in borel but the price....the quote in my first post is from esslinger! Too rich for me and I don't even have one kinetic yet....although some will be refurbished soon. :)

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• @JohnR725 has pointed out many times that the Swiss don't care about amplitude, the timekeeping is the most important.  Give yourself a  pat on the back, great beat error and timekeeping, nothing to be disappointed about. 
    • I'm bothered but I agree he's a busy man and I don't want to bother him.  In the meantime, we really do need to have other ways of contacting each other  
    • This is as complicated as epilame, too many unknowns. The life expectancy in the UK is circa 80, so most people from 1944 or earlier are dead.  Assume they had children at circa 20, they died in 2004. Their children started selling 1944 watches in 2004, so pre-1944 watches must be getting more rare.   It doesn't work though because as you stated some were sold as tat, but since watch prices have increased people have decided to sell when they may not of done in the past. 
    • I was wondering whether anyone could assist with some questions I have about my latest acquisition, which is a two train ‘Bravingtons Renown’ mantel clock - Pics attached I have done some reading about Bravingtons and believe they sourced movements from various suppliers, so I wondered whether anyone recognises this one. I have stripped and cleaned the movement and the clock is now running well, but there are a couple of dodgy brass springs that I would like to replace. I haven’t found anything suitable searching the internet so I wondered does anyone know of a supplier that might help. Last question is about the veneer on the case, it is generally in reasonable condition but there are a couple of patches on the top where the veneer has lifted. So far, I have tried to reactivate the existing adhesive by heating from below and above with a hair drier, then clamping for a day or two. It has improved slightly but the bulge is still visible. I’d be grateful for any advice if anyone has dealt with this sort of repair before.
    • Hi some pictures o& the movement and case would be appreciated so we can ascertain what the problem is you are having in fitting the movement.   Thank you.