A. Schild 1746/47 assembly help

The spring is supposed to hold that small part/pivot next to it in tension which in turn will hold the calendar wheel in splace.

It'll prevent it from moving in the wrong direction but allow it to rotate in the right direction.

• Like 1

The movement that I had had a different spring than yours. It was shorter and it was flat not rounded.

Something like this.

s-l300.jpg

Might be a good idea to check that the one that you have is the right one.

Edited by Chopin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Watch13watch said:

If I put it the other way the long arm will go under the calender wheel so I dont think i can

I don't think you have the correct spring. The one Chopin has posted looks more like the part. But with out that plate it will not stay, it will become detached.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• https://ranfft.org/caliber/1004-AS-555 I think we have a minor problem with the 555 according to the specifications it measures Dimensions 12.8 mm x 19 mm.  then there is the other problem banking pins how odd? the odd aspect was I didn't really look at the picture that carefully and before I closed out the page scrolling down to the bottom I saw the remark down below and that is a problem. Remarks: cylinder escapement.   then the size is definitely helpful except seems to be an odd size? you to look at the PDF attached for what watch sizes are supposed to be so years doesn't quite fit the sizing and I have a sample image of something below. The picture isn't quite clear enough of the setting components. So in the sample you can see the setting components where the really easy to see versus yours that are not which would be helpful because as I said the size just doesn't seem to correspond anything I'm looking at and I can't see the setting components. watch-ligne-size-chart.pdf
    • What is the prevailing choice for camera?  I have an Amscope trinocular simulfocus that I recently bought.  Based on guidance here, I have the 0.35x adapter in my Amazon shopping cart.  Now I need to pick a camera.
    • There 's no chain but if there were one I can't see how it would connect the date wheel to the mechanism.
    • Hello and welcome from Leeds, England.   We all started off as beginners. 
    • Hello, I’ve always loved watches but thought messing with them would be too difficult so it’s taken me awhile to get into here. Here goes nothing!