Timex Mechanical Automatic Crystal Replacement

Hello, 

I am the original owner of this Times mechanical (automatic) watch. The crystal is broken. I have procured a replacement Crystal. I have been unable to find out how to replace the crystal myself. Any help or direction you can offer would be most appreciated. Thank you. 

4D7CE584-3614-46D3-BA09-A8C4B6AE1FC6.jpeg

to start you must remove the case back.  Followed by removing the winding rotor. Next remove the stem\crown.

than remove the movement retention clip. The movement will now come out the back..

Now the tough part!  Those crystal are really in there TIGHT. and the gasket that seats in between the crystal and the bezel makes it all the more a task.  I typically just crack the old crystal and pull it out in pieces.  Since that one is already cracked you are ahead one step.

Once all the bits are out, soak the case in clean soapy water to remove any grime and "old funk" build up on the metal.

Clean the gasket too as it my have some funk on it as well.  Now use some watch grease on the gasket and place it atop the out rim of the crystal.  The grease is going to help it slide back into the case.  and it may be very tight so at times I've buffed down the out edge of the crystal to help it slide back in.

BTW:  those crystals are not easy to find, so how did you come across a replacement?