Anchor Branded Crystal Lift Tool

Hello All,

I have been buying some bits and pieces to get me going and have come across this: Anchor branded crystal lift tool.  I know its not the same quality as Burgeon but will it do the job.  As you are aware I am totally new to this and would appreciate any advice.

Regards

Col

Hi colored,

I have come across some anchor products and the quality in mostly shaky at best. I believe you might hopefully make this product work most of the time. I personally use the Bergeon one which in most cases is trouble free...but more expensive.

And welcome aboard!

Yes, my 955i Triumph Daytona, no fuel getting to the injectors. I've not given up yet though.

Triumph! good man. Had a Speed Four a few years ago, now have an 2003 Trophy 1200. I did have a couple of injectors go south on the Speed Four, I wouldn't expect all 3 to go but you never know, If not its probably the pump, possibly wiring. Again the Speed Four had an intermittent problem with the engine cut out, eventually traced to a bad factory join in the middle of the main loom.

• Like 1

That could be easily fixed with the anchor crystal tool I think! :) Just use it to extract the loom! (As if I knew what you guys are talking about....woooosh, over my head!) :)

All very similar though, I initially took up watchfixing (I fix them, I don't make them) as a substitute for fixing motorbikes, all very similar just an awful lot smaller. Plus the added bonus of a nice warm room in the winter instead of a very cold garage.

I agree totaly Blacklab, it seems like a good choice for winter time! I'll get a warm room anytime for a workshop! I've never been good at motorbikes although I used to dabble more with cars...that was soooo long ago it seems like another life! But I loved it therefore watches.

@Geo: I bet it won't be long now you'll be riding that bike again! keep us posted!

Nice bike Geo.  I had the 955i RS sprint with the same engine and loved it.  However I had to get rid before it got rid of me. A pal had the speed triple with the same fault i.e. no fuel and it turned out to be a wiring loom fault.  I am looking for something a bit more docile now, age is getting the better of me.

Thanks for your advice re crystal lift

Col

All very similar though, I initially took up watchfixing (I fix them, I don't make them) as a substitute for fixing motorbikes, all very similar just an awful lot smaller. Plus the added bonus of a nice warm room in the winter instead of a very cold garage.

A few days ago I took apart a door handle that was squeaking. Watchfixing skills came in handy... :)