Braun 4 821 alarm clock with no alarm :(

rappeleur

Hello,

I know, this is not the usual watch/clock type you are working and discussing on here, but: I have a wonderful old Braun 4821 alarm clock with a complete stutterfree second hand (a dream to watch). The only thing: the alarm doesn’t go off. It clicks - and: silence. Battery is new. The "movement" has the numbers 4 809.

I also know that these models weren’t made to ever be repaired and it is no big problem that the alarm is silent, as the time is shown properly. But I wanted to know if one of you out there might have a clue if I can just clean a contact or something else?

Thanks in advance!

20180202_143132.jpg

20180202_143305.jpg

This is not my field when it comes to clocks. I used to restore mechanical clocks.

The only thing I can suggest is try to get to the movement and clean the contacts. This type of clock movement are just throw away when they pack up. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.  

• 2 years later...

I never understood why alarms sound so terrible. Every one of you heard this sound and it's just awful. I also never liked to put a bug on the phone because it is very easy to turn it off. That is why I love using bluetooth wake-up calls. This is really very convenient. I found the  best models of bluetooth alarm clocks on the Internet on the Internet and decided to download them. As a result, I started to wake up much faster and my son became more stable. So the bluetooth alarm clock helped me normalize my sleep pattern. By the way, here you can find a detailed overview of each model!

• 2 years later...