Certina DS-2 Hour wheel out of place

arkobugg

Cheers Mates!!!

During the weekend I was mounting a Certina DS-2 with cal. 25-651. To fit the hands, I had to refit them 3 times. Because I was satisfied with the level of them.

But after the 3 time, I notised that there was something wrong. So I had to take out the hands again. And when I tried to set the hands with crown, it was just like when the canon pinion does not fit properly.

So I took of the dial and the calender bridge, and saw that the hour wheel had come up abow the the other wheel that should intervene with the hour wheel.

So to my question: How can it be so mutch space between the dial and the chims ontop of the hour wheel that can let the hour wheel to got out of grip?

Is there anything I shall do in this matter for the future, ot be be ware of preventing this to happen?

20171216_184907.jpg

I would make sure the Calendar bridge is sitting proper and make sure the dial is fixed, as it should be. I have known some dials that are fixed with screws in the side of movements when tightening them the dial somehow gets pushed up wards, this will cause the hour wheel to lift. Also, make sure the shim washer isn’t weak and always has a curve.    

The calender bridge is sitting proper, the dial as well. Im always sure the the dial feet are all the way in the hole. But the shim is not the in best shape. So I can get a new one there.... thanks for the tip oldhippy....   :-) 

Thanks.....

You can curve these shimsby putting it into the palm of you hand and rub your tweezers over it, if you do it right it will curve. I have come across movements that have more then one shim. Make sure the cannon pinon is right home.