What Can You Do After Adjusting Watch Timing Advance Or Retarding The Balance Has Come To It's Maximum

Legarm

I will reconstruct a hairspring as close to how yours is and film it today later when i get a few minutes :)

Unbelievable...... you are a star.

I really appreciate this as I can imagine you are a very busy man......

Thanks, I shall now wait for your tutorial....

In the meantime I shall watch your new vid's.........

Regards

Keith

Well here's my effort.......

post-227-0-59434400-1417110638.jpg   post-227-0-47699100-1417111189.jpg

21/2 hrs and then put it all back together then couldn't get the index curb pin boot over the spring. This caused a kink, then took it apart again and the spring stud snapped off..... probably too much manipulation..... so gotta buy a hairspring ..... at least I now know the principals ...... ish.

I know it's disappointing that the stud snapped off but i'v have to say I am impressed with the job you did in straightening out the spring.

Thanks Mark, it was a worthwhile exercise and a lesson in patience.......... the vid really helped......

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Could it be an abbreviation for Denier? "Denier (/ˈdɛniər/) or den (abbreviated D), a unit of measure for the linear mass density of fibers, is the mass in grams per 9,000 metres of the fiber. The denier is based on a natural reference: a single strand of silk is approximately one denier; a 9,000-metre strand of silk weighs about one gram." The pivot gauge looks interesting, however I wouldn't trust myself to drive a pivot into a wedge incase it jams and gets damaged/snaps trying to get it free. More a comment on my ability and incompetence than the quality or design of the tool 🤣
    • @clockboy The damage on the movement much worse. The images against the green background are my watch the other 2 are from the internet. The rotor has erased the perlage. I am surprised how is this watch still running.
    • Hi All, I recently bought a few gauges on Ebay. One of those was my actual target, a roller jewel gauge. Pictured below was one of the other gauges I received. From what I gather, this one is for measuring pivots. No sure if I'm right here. A confirmation of my assumption would be great. The gauge also has an abbreviation of "DEN". I have looked around and don't find this relative to watchmaking. Any clue to what this abbreviation means? Thanks, Don
    • Hello and welcome to the forum. Te attached file my help you repair a few. TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement.