How to remove circlip & rotor FHF 90-5

Chopin

How do I remove the rotor and/or circlip of this movement ? Pic below from the net.

Am I right that the center pinion or whatever is called has to go in the semi-circle area of the circlip and then it just comes out ? Any tips for doing this ?

fhf90_5_2-800x800.jpg

Hmn, the c clip is set into a recess right? no room to slide it directly out? Might be worth removing the auto bridge first and seeing if that gives you any options. I suppose the only other way would be to pull open the clip with one tool - with that circle slot on one side - while trying to pull it up and out of the recess with another, but I'd be wary of that. 

Edited by Ishima
  • Like 1

Pull out the clip by putting a tweezers or sharp pegwood in the small hole in the circlip. It will pop up and you can remove it. 

Take care when working on the 90-5 so you don't loose the little gear that takes care of the speed date setting. 

• Like 1

@rogart63 Managed to remove the circlip (was quite tricky) but the rotor isn't coming out. Do I have to remove the plate first ? Would be a bit tricky as the rotor edge seems to be covering one of the screws...

PS: Here's a photo of the circlip for future references in case someone will need it.

IMG_6385.jpg

Edited by Chopin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopin said:

@rogart63 Managed to remove the circlip (was quite tricky) but the rotor isn't coming out. Do I have to remove the plate first ? Would be a bit tricky as the rotor edge seems to be covering one of the screws...

PS: Here's a photo of the circlip for future references in case someone will need it.

IMG_6385.jpg

Don't think so. Can check my movement i have here and see if there is any trick? 

• Like 1

No problem to remove. didn't even had to take the clips of. Just put a tweezer in and lift straight up. There is a post that could wear out and the rotor could be worn inside. DSC09186.thumb.JPG.10b1979da8481afa919701a85e8e8e93.JPGDSC09187.thumb.JPG.da2f293ba52222b28efaa0151c997e13.JPG

The post is screwed from the underside with 3 small screws. Can be replaced. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

The movement is functional. The rotor lifts up just a bit but just won't come out... I don't understand what the point of the circlip is and how could it just lift up on your movement. It's a little weird if you ask me...

The small plate onto which the rotor seems to be attached to has 2 scres but one of them is being partially covered by the rotor edge so I can't unscrew it...

Edited by Chopin

1 hour ago, Chopin said:

I managed to unscrew the plate but the shaft holding the rotor is longer and attached somewhere else, beneath it... This is becoming very confusing.

Strange? Have 3 90-5 bridges here but only one rotor. The rotor is so easy to lift that i can do it with a tweezer. To remove the plate you need to remove the two  screws on the bridge. DSC09191.thumb.JPG.b2fedc7cdffde72d6523e5b14bb7d078.JPGDSC09190.thumb.JPG.c68426b994669ea9a1e4e09e58ad7532.JPGDSC09189.thumb.JPG.397264b73c7bc0e6b95454cbe9953099.JPGDSC09188.thumb.JPG.8506bdf763175847f5907890c03242a8.JPG

• Like 1