Trouble fitting screwback case ?

Was talking yesterday to a friend about types of screwback case tools. He said his biggest problem was getting the back to catch it's initial thread.

So thought I would pass on how I do it.

It's back to my dirty old piece of rodico (might invest in a new piece one day) break a couple of pieces off, attach to the back. Your fingers grip the rodico, then you can rotate the back until you feel the thread bite. Then tighten. See pics04fee5d815794b70e636707c57bc1ab5.jpg2140e6cbfa799abc4b7f0ae03e92fe56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Another good method is using the rubber case back ball, sometimes i fumble about for a minute with my hands before getting it out of the draw, and then quickly a couple of turns each way and the case back finds and slips into the thread easily in my experience. 

2 hours ago, Ishima said:

Another good method is using the rubber case back ball, sometimes i fumble about for a minute with my hands before getting it out of the draw, and then quickly a couple of turns each way and the case back finds and slips into the thread easily in my experience. 

Yep, I fully recommend anyone getting a rubber ball. They're 1$ or so. Very good even for tighter case backs, sometimes.

FT005290.jpg