Ultrasonic Vs Watch Cleaning Machine

clockboy

I realize not everybody has a 3d Printer, but this gentleman design more a less an open source watch cleaner and I actually bought his plans about a week ago at $99 and I'm going to start the build of this machine.  The documentation is excellent and with the purchase of the manual you get the license to build it along with the .stl files needed to print the main parts and a BOM for the hardware etc with the link to where it can be purchased.  The link to his site is https://www.diywatchcleaner.com/  There are a few videos of folks that have built the machine and reviewed it as well.  I know that there are over 100 of these self built systems in use now.  Worth a look.  Also you can have the 3d printed parts printed for you, tons of people that provide this service.  I'd be curious what everybody thinks and I will provide updates here with my progress on this watch cleaner build if interested.

Forgot to mention that if you already have the baskets from a non-working watch cleaner I believe those baskets will work on this machine.

Edited by gescott
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gescott said:

I realize not everybody has a 3d Printer, but this gentleman design more a less an open source watch cleaner and I actually bought his plans about a week ago at $99 and I'm going to start the build of this machine.  The documentation is excellent and with the purchase of the manual you get the license to build it along with the .stl files needed to print the main parts and a BOM for the hardware etc with the link to where it can be purchased.  The link to his site is https://www.diywatchcleaner.com/  There are a few videos of folks that have built the machine and reviewed it as well.  I know that there are over 100 of these self built systems in use now.  Worth a look.  Also you can have the 3d printed parts printed for you, tons of people that provide this service.  I'd be curious what everybody thinks and I will provide updates here with my progress on this watch cleaner build if interested.

Forgot to mention that if you already have the baskets from a non-working watch cleaner I believe those baskets will work on this machine.

I finished my cleaner a month ago. There is plenty of DIY and purchasing the hardware etc. but I like to do that stuff anyway. I had to learn 3D printing and it took me a while to print out everything. It is a very nice machine and I have run about 4 movements in it. You can use the inexpensive baskets from China or the Elma baskets. Please excuse my messy garage...Let me know if you have any question on the build. They have a discord server available to ask questions too.

Cleaner.jpg

Edited by JackH
  • Like 1

Jack great job on your build of the cleaner btw.  I hope to have mine up and running soon.  I have been reading over their Discord server site and it appears to be a friendly site and lots of information.

• Like 1

Thanks! I had to get the printer calibrated to print the parts correctly. I used PETG filament. Nice thing about the 3D printer is that there are many watch repair tools and accessories you can make with it. 

• Like 1