Seiko 6119 6400

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to watch repair and need to ask the forum a question (probably hundreds of questions really) anyway, I have a Seiko 6119 6400 that is running when shaken but is missing it's crown and winding stem. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I may obtain these parts? Many thanks in advance. Johnnie

Take a look here. http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=SEK+CS%236119-6400&submit=Search

There you can see which parts you need. Finding them on Ebay and other places. 

You will need a special stem and gear for the inner bezel to work.

That is not easy to find. And will cost some money. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

The gear for the inner bezel could still be in there? Then you will only need a new stem? Those i have seen on Ebay . Crown is the same as the Pogue. There is AM crowns that look almost like the original. Nice watch that is well worth restoring. Have done a few .

• Like 1

Hi again Rogart63, I have managed to obtain a new crown and winding stem (£50.00) not cheap but the watch looks awful without it. I am very new to watch repairing, the spring is still there so hopefully it just needs the crown and winding stem. Could you tell me if the stem simply pushes in, or is there more to fitting it than that? Any advice would be most welcome. 

IMG_20170422_142857.jpg

IMG_20170422_143015.jpg

IMG_20170422_142511.jpg

Ooops . That is in a way good? That means that the small gear the turns the bezel is probably there also. But that does also mean that the rest off the stem is still in the movement. And the movement needs to come out? Maybe just maybe you can take the stem out if you can grip it with something? At the same time as you press the release button on the movement. 

You will need to shorten the stem when you get it. Taking in that the date mechanism need to work when you press the crown in. Little tricky. 

But first get the old stem out. And we take it from there. 

First try to take the spring out? 

But well worth saving that watch 

Edited by rogart63

Thank you Very much Rogart63, I won't get the new stem until the 28th, looking at the watch I think you are right, I think I can see the end of the stem. I will attempt to remove it tomorrow in daylight as I struggle with artificial light. Many many thanks for your time and advice it is most welcome. Regards Johnnie

• Like 1

Hi Johnnie,

You say it runs when shaken? These watching cannot be hand wound (hence winding-stem is actually a misnomer), you need to shake it for about a minute to get a decent amount or mainspring power on it.

Having said that, if the crown has been missing for some time it would be best to service the movement as a lot of dirt can get in thru the hole.

Anilv

• Like 1

Hi Anilv, I think you are probably right about servicing the movement, the problem is I don't think I have the skill and knowhow yet! I have a Seiko 6319 7010 that I have disassembled and oiled and hopefully on reassembly it will work,,,,,,,, maybe!  Johnnie

2 hours ago, Johnnie said:

Hi Anilv, I think you are probably right about servicing the movement, the problem is I don't think I have the skill and knowhow yet! I have a Seiko 6319 7010 that I have disassembled and oiled and hopefully on reassembly it will work,,,,,,,, maybe!  Johnnie

Think so to. But start with the stem and get that working? Then you have at least all the parts to make it complete? As you say. Service can be done later. When you have accomplised the skills to make the service. 6119 movement isn't that much different then the 6319 . 

• Like 1

Hi, hopefully the stem and crown will arrive in the next few days? I am trying to find a diagram of the crown stem gear and spring assembly, the watch arrived without the crown etc so I didn't disassemble it, so have no idea of the correct way it should be assembled. The last thing I want to do is ruin the watch!

Can post a picture of a similar crown in a few days. Have a Seiko Pouge on the way. 

But you can find a lot of pictures of the similar  crown and stem with gear and spring on the net. 

Stem need to be shorter then on the picture. But the exact length you need to find out when the parts arrive. 

p1010768a.thumb.jpg.cbe57d62ea0bf60826d4f03e9ad7b617.jpg

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

Well here I sit contemplating my next move! Can't seem to get the new stem to engage properly. The new stem is correct as I have compared and measured it twice. I have tried pressing stem release button but that doesn't help. I don't want to force it so I have walked away for a nice cup of Yorkshire tea, any advice gratefully received. 

I think.... I know why stem won't engage and stay in... The little stem release button has stayed down(I hope this is making sense) any ideas??? Or will I have to take the watch to pieces??? I don't really want to as the watch is running sweetly and I am not very confident about doing that. I have dropped a little watch oil down the hole hoping it will release and pop back up. Any advice please.

• 3 years later...

NOS Original Stem for Seiko 6119-6023 6119-6050 6119-6053 6119-6400 6119-7160 63

Seller : 

seikosis (7392 ) This advert is on eBay at present so good luck. 

On 10/12/2020 at 5:35 PM, mtreed2009 said:

Hello Johninie. Could you direct me to the place where you finally found the Stem and Crown for the 6119-6400?

Thanks 

Mtreed2009