PC or Mobile Software Questions...

RayCJ

Hi Folks... Newbie here...

I'm searching for info about wristwatch diagnostic software suitable for a PC or mobile phone.  I've been trying to verify the regulation on a couple wristwatches and  have WildSpectra Mobile (Lite and Pro) installed on an Android phone.  Despite my best efforts, I cannot get it to read reliably for longer than a few fleeting moments.  My watches are running within 10s/day but, I cannot get the software to lock-on long enough to get a reading that seems to confirm reality.  I've tried all the recommendations that accompany the software and am chalking this experience to yet another instance of frustration caused by cell phones and/or the generally poor software that runs on them.  If anyone has any clues, I'm still willing to give it a shot.

Is there any PC-based software that might be less frustrating?  I happen to have some high-end audio recording mics and a 16 input Scarlett audio input mixer along with Scarlett Studio mixing software.   I've seen a program called Watch-O-Scope but don't know if it will work with my mics or interfaces patched-in via USB.   Is there any other software that might be suitable for basic wristwatch analysis?

Thanks in-advance for any tips or leads that prevent me from installing 10 software packages only to find-out that 9 weren't worth installing.

Ray

Edited by RayCJ
fix word flub.
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the ideas.   I'll do more investigation.

I was thinking of continuing to use Wildspectra and building an insulated box with a clear lid.  Maybe that will cut much of the background noise long enough for it to get a good reading.

Ray

On 4/10/2017 at 7:47 PM, RayCJ said:

Is there any software that might be suitable for basic wristwatch analysis?

WoS has everything one would need. 

No need for a preamp. Just a simple piezo and accompanied with software frequency filtering is perfect. Although, a simple preamp wont hurt.