omega cal 483

good afternoon all, i have been working on a omega cal 483 which required a new minute wheel and a new clutch wheel, i managed to source a new minute wheel from a cal 484 which i took a chance on buying as i did not know if they were interchangeable between calibres but it is a perfect fit so obviously they are. My question now is i need the clutch wheel i cant find one for a 483 or a 484 but i have noticed that the part no 1107 comes up on a lot of different calibres so can i just pick any calibre with that part number and will it be ok .

thanks

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• They do exist, i had a Lucerne front access a couple of years ago that had a false looking screw down case. 
    • If it's a push on back then it could have a notch in it for the stem which would mean the wording position would stay the same across all watches no matter how many times the back was removed. I've never seen a watch of this era, even a front loader, that doesn't have a removable back.  
    • Rule of thumb I have is that if the dial is larger than the case back (or the thing pretending to be a case back) then it is probably a front loader. Appreciate it's sometimes not easy to tell, but lots of times it's obvious and you kick yourself for not realising it earlier.
    • Geotex, wow on the poor-man’s display back.  Didn’t see that coming.  Thanks for letting me off the hook for not realizing it.  I greatly appreciate your time and advice.  I am trying follow all of the advice people take the time to provide but being a relative novice I am not always sure of exactly how to execute it.  I don’t want to go too far in the wrong direction. I have already found out how that ends.  Your evidence regarding the wording on the case backs is compelling.  It’s placed exactly the same as mine.  What’s the odds that three watches could have case backs removed and replaced repeatedly and all end up in the exact same position.  They are identical except for the fact that some idiot super glued a big nut in the middle of mine.   Now, considering the last comment by Eccentric59, does it make sense to pull the Crystal to check to see if it has a Seiko movement with a release lever before I commit to using pliers on the crown?  Nothing to lose with that approach I guess.   Thanks to everyone again for your time!
    • Might I suggest one of the iterations of Linux for older hardware? Mint cinnamon is very Windows-like with a much lower pain point for legacy devices.