Christopher Ward

Anyone checked out the latest offering from Christopher Ward?. SH21 5 day power reserve in house movement. Looks really nice although a bit big for my liking. And at £1500 abit pricey!.

I actually really like this watch! And to be honest, I think the price is extremely reasonable when taken into account that it is an "In-House" movement. Developing and producing a movement from scratch is a very labor intensive and extremely expensive venture. This is why you don't see a lot of manufacturers do this.

One of my favorite small manufacturers, RGM, has developed a few in-house movements as well. Their least expensive model, the 801, is a mechanical hand wind movement only, without the extra complication of an automatic winding system, and still lists for $8,000+.

I'm going to have to check this watch out further! Looks like a possible buy for me!

Thanks for posting!

Don

43mm is pretty large! I don't know much about CW watches, though I think their prices in the lower range are reasonable. I don't buy quartz watches or automatics - so I'm a bit limited in my choice! They do 2 manual wind watches in their complete range.

I'm told the people on the CW Forum are beating themselves up because the firm has recently merged...

One of my favorite small manufacturers, RGM

Hi Don, having read your post, I've just been checking out RGM watches. I think they are stunning, and can see where you got the inspiration for your own creations.

• Like 1