ST96 finally put back together (still doesn't work.)

Daveb

1 hour ago, jdm said:

I think that once it's clear that the balance stops when the balance cock is tightened, it's pointless to blame or mess with the train.

I agree, but I think this watch has both problems. The train is jammed and then the balance doesn't turn freely either. Can start with either!

54 minutes ago, Cad101 said:

You did mention at the beginning of this thread you had received spares from Rodabod have you swapped the escape wheel or is this wheel original to the movement. 

I think I am using one of his as I managed to lose mine on the floor. The other spare one is rusted on the the pinion. ( is it a pinion?)  I haven't got the best set up at the moment and things dissappear easily. 

Edited by Daveb

1 hour ago, jdm said:

I think that once it's clear that the balance stops when the balance cock is tightened, it's pointless to blame or mess with the train.

I think the problem lies with the escape wheel or the jewels it is seated in. I am going to try a bridge off of another movement and if that doesn't work I will try another Base. If that doesn't work I will buy another escape wheel.