Ebay again.

oldhippy

You have probably heard me mention about bodge ups when it come to clocks. Here is one I found surprise yes folks it's on ebay. We have a Longcase clock with a 30 hour movement but the dial is from an 8 Day movement. As you can see two key holes but 30hour movements have a pull wind you pull the chain while taking the actual weight by your other hand this is to ease wear and tear. Also on the dial above the 6 is the markings for a calendar, there is no calendar workings. The dial is very late because it is fully painted and poor detail. £375 for something that

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTIQUE-HALIFAX-MAHOGANY-30-HOUR-GRANDFATHER-LONGCASE-CLOCK-/122140743212?hash=item1c7027d62c:g:bVQAAOSwnDZT-Q5k

is worthless.    

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• My $12 blue one seems to work well enough for movements out of case. However for  tools with greater mass, such as my small and large anvils which are highly magnetized the blue unit is useless.   For whatever reason, my high current K&D donut unit just doesn’t seem to work, regardless of my attempts to use it as instructed in this thread (magnetizes stuff fine so I know it is energized).  
    • PUW1563 is the day/date version of the 1561 (date only). I have just measured a 1561 using the old "blob of paint on the rim" technique to determine the actual amplitude by observation, and then putting it on my TG and adjusting the TG lift angle until the displayed amplitude matches the observed amplitude. I get 48°. Not a million miles away but it will have overstated the amplitude by about 20° with the TG set to 52° (I tried that as well for completeness). So with a more appropriate lift angle set on your TG you would have got an amplitude reading of about 240°.
    • Ok maybe that's the case - I was following this recommendation from: https://watchrepairtutorials.com/ultrasonic-watch-cleaner-how-to-get-great-results/ Here it is described to do the wash at 137 deg-F, which is 58 deg-C and he tested Elma Red with the described cleaning routine (10min wash, 5min rinse distilled water, 2min rinse 99% IPA). 
    • My dad has a Citizen Pro master Wingman with a C720 movement in it. He took it to Timpsons for a battery replacement and the guy in the shop said he can't guarantee it will still be waterproof. Anyway it turns out it's not waterproof and now it's full of water. Would anyone know where I could find a technical sheet for this movement? I've tried looking online a bit today but can't find anything!   Thanks in advance
    • You would at least need to poise through those positions before regulating.