Seiko 5H23A Day Date Adjustment Help Please

I have just bought a 1980s Seiko SQ Sports 150 divers watch which seems to be keeping good time.

The Day and Date are incorrect.

I would normally move the stem out 1 click then wind forward/backward as required.

The stem on this won't move with firm pressure from my finger/thumb.

Having looked at the Seiko manual pdf online there is mention of an automatic day/date function but I can't see anything about how to make manual adjustments.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Bern 

Some Seikos require the crown to be pushed in repeatedly to change the day. And on some models, you have to wind round the hands continuously - round the clock - to change the date. Can you set the hands by pulling the crown out at all?

There's also this page... http://www.seikowatches.com/support/ib/index.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by WillFly

Will,

Thank you for such a quick and helpful reply.

I tried pushing the crown in with no joy.

Then wound it forward a few turns then back a few and there was a small "scrunch" which sounded like a grain of sand had been dislodged.

Stem then moved out 1 click easily so I altered the day and date by winding back and forward then easily pushed the stem back in.

So that seems to of sorted the problem although I will keep an eye on it.

Many thanks,

Bern