Jean Marcel Mystery Jump Hour Needs Repair

I have this watch needing repair. Not having much luck in finding anyone to possibly look into tackling the job. Thought I would reach out to this forum for possble help.

160-158-65s.jpg

Jean Marcel Mystery watch with Swiss ETA reconstructed automatic "Jump Hour" movement by Vincent Calabrese. Highly polished stainless steel case. Blue Guilloche textured dial with colorful world map. Blue ostrich leather watch strap. Available with metal bracelet. 

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I existed before the term mechatronics engineer existed. I had to combine electricity, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics and computing just to keep my own equipment working. I have never sub contracted any of my own repairs to the suppliers because I know I could do a better job. For a long time, dental suppliers in my country would bring their dead equipment to me that their own engineers cannot handle. I have accidentally embarrassed a couple of hospital heads of engineering by demonstrating their inadequacy.  I think mechatronics is the most under-appreciated, under valued of all the engineering sciences. I had a part-time dental assistant about 25 years ago, who was studying mechatronics in the polytechnic. She was absolutely clueless about the job prospects for a mechatronics engineer. I asked her about her aspirations and she replied that she really wanted to work in the games industry.  In our dental profession, equipment have evolved from simple mechanical to electro-mechanical to logic-driven electro-mechanical and currently to computer driven machines.  The medical equipment suppliers who employ mechanical engineers and/or mechanical engineers cannot cope with the repairs of the newer equipment. And many times end up changing whole modules and whole machines just because they cannot repair them. But I think HR is afraid to employ a mechatronics engineer just because they don't know what a mechatronics engineer does. Mechatronics is much more fun. It combines almost all of the engineering sciences and produces an all-rounded engineer. But until HR changes their mindset, not all door will be open.
    • Welcome Tarheel, there is a lot of help on this forum...
    • Hello and welcome to the forum.    Enjoy
    • Hello and welcome from Leeds, England. 
    • I can't find anything similar either.  All the writing on the case was a form of advertising, stem set, Swiss lever etc usually found on older watches.