Second hand on Ronda Movement

Let me apologize in advance for asking about what I am sure is a rudimentary problem. I am new to watch repair and can manage some very basic processes but I am really a total hack at this point. I am trying to repair a friend's watch that uses a Ronda 515.H24 quartz movement. He sent me the watch with the second hand detached and floating around on the dial. I tried to reattach it but found that when I pressed the second hand back into place, the movement froze and the second hand rotated at the same rate as the minute hand as I turned the crown. Thinking that I damaged the movement, I ordered a replacement to give it another try (they are very inexpensive). Well, after installing the new movement to the dial and reattaching the first 3 hands (24H, Hour and Minute), everything seemed to be working just fine. When I reinserted the post from the second hand back into the center pinion, I found the same symptoms as the first try...all the hands turned at the same rate and the timekeeping froze. Does anyone have any idea what I can do differently to get my friends second hand reattached correctly? I've searched a few forums but cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I think you may be presing yout second hand too dar down the the seconds pinion onto the Canon pinion are you using tweezers or hand press tools to press the second hand into place only the smallest amount of preasure is needed I've attached a link to the movement hand placement drawing.

http://www.ronda.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/Products/TA_BA/detail/3316061.pdf