Part for ST 96-4 wanted

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• “Traditional” was probably a poor choice of words. What I was trying to say was that I perceived Waggy's proposal as more modern than the now generally accepted one. Water and sugar? Do you have a source on that or is it just a guess? Is the inside of the crown stainless? Water and metal don't sound like a very good combination otherwise.
    • Hello and welcome to the bottomless rabbit hole! 😉
    • Do you use an ultrasonic cleaner or a watch cleaning machine? I've been considering trying out the L&R liquids you mention in my "ancient" Elma watch cleaning machine. However, I worry that these liquids are too toxic and smell too much without adequate ventilation. Where I live it is normally too cold to work with this outdoors, but a few months a year it could work. At some point, I tried Elma's Suprol Pro and almost passed out from the fumes. It comes with a "narcotic effect" warning. How bad are the L&R fluids in this respect?  
    • I've removed the movement and left it on a windowsill. I'm in north east England, so not very sunny today 😥 however I'll give it a few days and then try a new battery. The document you sent claims the movement is the same as the C700 with regards to parts and assembly. I've managed to find an exploded view of a C700 and some troubleshooting instructions. So if a new battery doesn't work in a few days I'll strip the watch and test the electronic circuit unit. No doubt it will require cleaning and oiling anyway. Thanks again for your help @watchweasol
    • Hello and welcome to the forum,     Enjoy