Part for ST 96-4 wanted

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Interesting, but not very accurate, unfortunately. Using the word "Radiation" without specifying the specific type of radiation [what is being radiated] is one of the commonest mistakes - and most confusing to non-technical people.  Also, I believe the commonest lume in general use nowadays is just a phosphor compound that is "charged" be exposure to light? I've never personally see a watch with tritium lume, and it's not something I would particularly want as the decay is quite rapid with a half life around 12.5 years. Tritium is also of course radioactive, emitting beta particles, and it can possibly cause cancer if ingested!   Re. geiger counters, it's also important to note that many on internet sites are fakes that detect RF rather than, or as well as, ionising radiation. Or just low quality that likely only detect gamma, or gamma and alpha. Only high quality mica window GM tubes will detect beta; all the cheap geiger counters I can see on on ebay at present that show the tubes, use glass or quartz - despite claiming to detect beta   
    • Some things that we think of as relatively new or modern have been  around for a very long time. Alloy mainsprings, balance wheels and hairsprings and epilame for example were developed over 80 years ago. I use clear nail varnish for glueing crowns on, as well using it when making fibre bristle oilers and tweeking tools, its easy to apply if you get a move on after taking it out of the bottle and sets nice and hard.
    • Hi you will probably find there are a few citizen movements the same or close due to manufacturing processes.
    • Hello, How do I open a screw back cover on a hidden lug watch? It is perfectly round and rotates in the watch holder.   Thanks!
    • Where abouts north east chief ?